Monday 20 January 2014

22 Days

The Challenge

Oh sweet Nutella,
how you love me so,
always there in my time of need,
but now I must let you go.

Oh candy,
you can be sweet,
you can be sour,
either way I accept you,
you make me happy,
but alas I must take a rest.

Just look into those lit up eyes of Rachel & mine via Instagram

For 22 days I am not allowed to eat crisps, candy, Nutella or anything similar. My friend, Rachel, and I agreed that for 22 days I would not eat the banned foods. As a bonafide sweet tooth I needed some sort of incentive to keep this deal so a penalty was arranged. 

Every time I ate an elixir of life (aka candy) I would have to pay Rachel £20.

This deal could end up being rather lucrative for Rachel, but I am determined to stay strong. I have made it
one week so far and although there are moments where I almost cave I stick to my guns.

This challenge was brought about for many reasons but the main reason was simply my lack of control when it comes to candy. Rachel has lived with me for one and half years and has therefore witnessed the days where all I eat is Goldfish, Nutella and Sour Patch Kids. This unhealthy albeit delicious life style is not good for me in the long run and Rachel, the caring friend she is, has tried to get me to eat better for a long time now. So shout out to Rachel who is awesome for everything she has done to help me!

I am hoping that after the 22 days are up I will not rush back to my old ways, but in fact learn that I do not need candy and should see it as a treat rather than as a meal. 

Its a challenge but its worth it.
I advise anyone who is struggling with their guilty addictions to try this challenge with a friend. The amount of money can be varied but for me I knew it had to be on the higher side for me to stick to my cleaner eating.
Good luck to all those who try!

No comments:

Post a Comment